Diverse Voices is a guideline for group evaluation, designed for those writing technical documents to be more inclusive in their writing styles and to avoid writing practices that don’t account for diversity.
Framework of ethics used:
You will need
Participants: Representatives of unde-represented groups
Steps (Tech Policy Lab, 2017):
- Prepare the document you wish to evaluate
- Identify under-represented groups that are your audience
- Organize a group of experts that can accurately represent these under-represented groups
- Have these representatives examine and evaluate the document(s)
- Gather and synthesize feedback
- Provide feedback to document authors for iteration
Diverse Voices: A How-To Guide for Creating More Inclusive Tech Policy Documents. Tech policy lab. (n.d.). Retrieved February 4, 2022, from https://techpolicylab.uw.edu/news/diverse-voices-guide/
This methods microsite is based off of analysis which is available in a preprint manuscript. Feel free to review our methodology and other details! We welcome your comments and feedback ! Please also use this form if you would like to suggest a method as an addition to the collection!