This method intends to:
Method OverviewDesign Phase:
Inclusive design emphasizes the contribution that understanding user diversity makes to informing these decisions, and thus to including as many people as possible.
Framework of ethics used
Explore all intentions of this method
Participants: Technology professionals
Materials Needed: Design concept
Process: The inclusive design toolkit encourages informed decision-making at the concept stage.
There are four main phases of inclusive concept design:
- Manage: Review the evidence to decide ‘What should we do next?’
- Explore: Determine ‘What are the needs?’
- Create: Generate ideas to address ‘How can the needs be met?’
- Evaluate: Judge and test the design concepts to determine ‘How well are the needs met?’
- [n.d.]. Inclusive Design Toolkit. http://www.inclusivedesigntoolkit.com/GS_evaluate/evaluate.html. Accessed: 2020-5-12.