Inclusive Design Toolkit
Difficulty Level:Design Phase:
Inclusive design emphasizes the contribution that understanding user diversity makes to informing these decisions, and thus to including as many people as possible.
Framework of ethics used
Participants: Technology professionals
Materials Needed: Design concept
Process: The inclusive design toolkit encourages informed decision-making at the concept stage.
There are four main phases of inclusive concept design:
- Manage: Review the evidence to decide ‘What should we do next?’
- Explore: Determine ‘What are the needs?’
- Create: Generate ideas to address ‘How can the needs be met?’
- Evaluate: Judge and test the design concepts to determine ‘How well are the needs met?’
- [n.d.]. Inclusive Design Toolkit. http://www.inclusivedesigntoolkit.com/GS_evaluate/evaluate.html. Accessed: 2020-5-12.