Moral and Legal Decks
Moral and Legal Deck cards are designed to enable practitioners to reflect on the legal, ethical, technical and social implications of new information technologies.
Framework of ethics used:
You will need:
Materials: The card Moral-IT or Legal-IT cards
Participants: play as a team
Steps (Urquhart & Craigon, 2021):
- Defining the technology
- Defining the main ethical risk
- Define the associated risks
- Ranking the lists from the most important to the least
- Identify and safeguards that might help to mitigate the risks
- Record and annotate the safeguards to explain why the reasons for the safeguards were selected
- Consider and document the challenges that might prevent the implementation of the safeguards
- Discussion of findings from the session
2018. The Moral-IT & Legal-IT Decks. https://lachlansresearch.com/the-moral-it-legal-it-decks/. Accessed: 2020-5-12.
This methods microsite is based off of analysis which is available in a preprint manuscript. Feel free to review our methodology and other details! We welcome your comments and feedback ! Please also use this form if you would like to suggest a method as an addition to the collection!