Value Sensitive Action Reflection Model
The Value Sensitive Action-Reflection Model is designed to assist stakeholders who do not have experience in design principles and are participating in a co-design session the opportunity to learn about both approaches for designing a tool and also ways of investigating its potential usage context and how they might adversely impact the users.
Materials: Determined by the design objectives of the co-design session
Participants: Team (4+ participants)
- Introduce the participants to the goals of the study and the co-design materials.
- Create a list of design questions you want the participants to answer or sketch.
- During the session:
- First, instruct the participants to create a prototype or sketch based on the prompt of the study.
- Second, once the participants complete the creation of the sketches/prototypes, prompt them to iterate the design twice, first from the perspective of a stakeholder and second from the perspective of a user. The goal is to encourage a complete cycle of reflection on how the product can impact both the users and the stakeholders.
- Third, encourage the participants to demonstrate and reflect on the prototypes they created.