White Hat Design Patterns
A guidebook of principles and steps designed to help industry individuals and teams generate designs from a new perspective centered around ethical design principles and practices.
Practices and Principles (a summary from the White Hat UX book):
Transition to a human-centered design approach:
- Involve all team members in watching videos from user testing sessions.
- Ask for actual, living portraits of the people you serve.
- Insist on continuous testing.
- Always ask “why?”
Engage in ethical design best practices:
- Use data to improve the human experience.
- Advertising without tracking.
- Always, always prioritize usability.
- Don’t ask for more than you need.
- Be transparent.